I have been a cat owner my whole life and I literally never knew that tiger lilies and stargazers were also highly toxic to cats. Even drinking the water from the vase that lilies are in can kill the cat! I brought in a tiger lily from our yard today and just thought to look it up and found out (and of course removed the lily from our house as soon as I saw). How scary!
Other toxic flowers for cats:
- Amaryllis (Amaryllis sp.)
- Autumn Crocus (Colchicum autumnale)
- Azaleas and Rhododendrons (Rhododendron sp.)
- Castor Bean (Ricinus communis)
- Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum sp.)
- Cyclamen (Cyclamen sp.)
- English Ivy (Hedera helix)
- Kalanchoe (Kalanchoe sp.)
- Lilies (Lilium sp.)
- Marijuana (Cannabis sativa)
- Oleander (Nerium oleander)
- Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum sp.)
- Pothos (Epipremnum aureum)
- Sago Palm (Cycas revoluta)
- Spanish thyme (Coleus ampoinicus)
- Tulip and Narcissus bulbs (Tulipa and Narcissus sp.)
- Yew (Taxus sp.)
Important info for cat friends!!!
I knew all of these! My mums favourite flowers are lilies, and because she’s a crazy cat lady, she can’t have them in the house! Signal boost for those cat crazy people like myself!
That little headbutt in the second one gave me diabetes.
“Excuse me, human. I would like a petting, please. Yes, thank you.”
“Um, excuse me, human? Human? Ah yes, I’d like another petting please. Ah, thank you.”
Always reblog Polite Cat.
they do this to get out of ponds etc or up onto bank ridges
tobreakandblossom this is for you, very impartant
TINY INEFFICIENT BABIES WITH THEIR PADDLY FEET AND THEIR PEEP PEEP AND SO MANY
THE LAST ONE I WAS CHEERING FOR SO HARD
Cat & lynx BFF. [video]
FELINE FACT. The housecat is licking the Lynx’s head, and in turn, the Lynx licks the cat’s shoulder. This symbolizes that the Lynx acknowledges the house cat as it’s “superior” in a Pride sense. So basically the Lynx is a nerd and looks up to the housecat as a real cool kid.